View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 06:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unfortunataly ; none
Not Ranked     

Hmmm. Not really convinced yet.

Think of running Alpha-N, but might also try with MAP- sensor. If interconnected plumbing is needed (I wouldn't think so?), I suppose you use tubing to connect all 8 runners from somewhere below(?) the butterflies into a common box or whatever (and that's it?). That would be where the MAP sensor would go.

When it comes to cam, I would go with quite wide lobe separation, 110 +, but there will be quite some overlap- I would guess it wil have a RPM band to 7500 or 8000.

The ECU will be of a newer model... Will run wasted spark with 2 x 4- towers and seqential injection.

I'm not sure about this: "Maximum power from a maximum build engine will come from a large 4 barrel TB. That big plenum underneath gives you a better fuel charge. " When I think of it, yes- OK- if you bulid a max Hp engine of a certain volume/stroke etc- let's say a a 800- 1500 Hp 347 drag engine, it might be so.

But let's take these facts into account:

Fullrace/ HO 4- cylinders run IR (for instance Cosworth roller barrel setups- 300 Hp and 2 litres 9000rpm?)

Throttle bodies are also popular with high output turbo- engines. (600Hp+ 4- cylinders.)

Should we assume no difference in throttle response and not very significant difference in Hp/Tq between a 4- barrel and IR?

Now I will look into crossram manifolds. Have seen them available from somewhere- athough I cannot remember where. (With a new manifold I could keep my Weber setup on a roadcar!)

Thanks for the input. Need more to be convinced!