View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmt View Post
Old eyes have a real tough time with the colors.
Some observations and personal preferences:

Preferences first...

Site looks good overall. Kudos! Personally, I find the new logo somewhat unappealing (no offense intended). I do not like the characters/font with the sharp points and it's a little bit bland with all the grey/white... that said, it looks like the 2 is leaving a cloud of dust behind it as it races off, and I think that is clever.

I agree about the colors... though it might be the fonts used in the lists. They are hard to read at that size. Maybe the characters are too thin...

I'm in agreement on the search finction... but that can be added as you go and time permits.

Overall layout is nice!

Observations...

There is plenty of room in the listing-block that displays in the center of the screen, so I'd suggest bumping up the font size a bit.

As you work together, keep in mind that sans-seriff fonts (like Arial) are designed to hold your eyes in place, as opposed to seriff fonts (like Times New Roman) that help you read lines of text, by implying to your eye the notion of underlines... they move your eyes along as you read.

As such, I'd suggest sans-seriff fonts for the lists, headings (especially important ones like the 445 Windsor cover page, etc.), and short explanations where you want to catch the reader's attention.

Conversly, use seriff fonts for descriptions where the customer has to read long lines of textual explanations, details, and such.

Looks good! Great to see this advancement in the business. Looking forward to seeing more.

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear

Last edited by PDUB; 09-09-2011 at 11:14 PM..