View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

The Series 1 -AKA Mk-I Daytona Coupes from superformance are about 140 In quantity, - and there are some changes to the car during the production run, -

My Car #54, is not that early , but there are changes on later cars, - I have seen #102, and #139 recently and from a big hardware point of view , they are mostly the same-

One thing that was helpful in this build as we talked about earlier is freinds and a digital camera, - I went down to LA to see # 139's owner and get those "Take Off" parts he had, and took some photographs of his setup , he also has introduced me to other coupe owners, all have been very gracious and kind with time and photographs , and many a telephone conversation.

When we were setting up the engine bay one thing I thought was missing from the daytona - an aluminum firewall like my cobra - so without delay we crafted a pattern and generated a .090" thick firewall. U428 Urethane bonding agent ( found at your professional paint mongers ) is GREAT glue for these cars, if you need to bind fibrelgass to basically anything else this is the stuff. - so Bob and I glued the firewall in and used the steering column and other bolts through the firewall for additional security.

you can see the aluminum firewall in the photo above. -

it dresses up the engine bay considerably!

Since the dash was full of silt - it came apart in the mass excavation that was the interior.
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com