Thread: octane boost
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     

Although Lucas Octane Boost seems to be the common choice, ask yourself if booster is really necessary. You say nothing about your compression ratio in the motor. Octane boost isn't going to give any power increase that you will ever recognize and, if not really needed, will only serve to lighten your wallet. If you never have any evidence of detonation (pinging) which you shouldn't in such a light car, you really don't need octane boost. Standard 93Octane Premium should work well with any compression ratio up to close to 11-1 in such a light car unless you are in the habit of flooring it in 4th gear while climbing a hill. LOL My 351W in my roadster has 10.75/1 ratio and I have used 91 octane fuel for 8 years and never once heard a ping even with distributor initial advance running at 12 degrees. Unless you really need the booster, save your money.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."