View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unfortunataly ; none
Not Ranked     

Wow; some kind of a cold air intake on that Vette!
Mean machine, that's for sure.

I guess we're kind of converging at some point here now..... Larger volume cylinders might be choked by the small runners. I have followed Jac Mac and
and others discussion on the theme. One thing I do not understand is that alot of people say their engines run out of steam at low RPMS like 5- 6000. OK; in my 347 I have no problem spinning the engine, working uphill to 8500 rpm + with 48 carbs and 40,5mm chokes. And I have neither any problems spinning my 3- litre V6 to 7500 rpm + with 40mm carbs and 34mm chokes.

I clearly see you'll need vary large runners & TB's (52 mms) too support a 9000 rpm 427. and I'm 100% convinced that a 50 mm TB would support 600 Hp on a 347. (Not that I'll go that far....)

Anyway. How about:

+
TS body 40-50mm Pair - Jenvey Dynamics
+
Air Horn tapered 51mm x 83 - Jenvey Dynamics?

The manifold is supposed to support 50 DCOE webers.

What concerns me is the way they have curved the runners to make them clear a distributor. Not good. I would also prefer the runners to come more straight out of the heads and not slope downwards or horisontal, that is.....

I'd choose a manifold like this: 350 Chev V8 Cross Ram Setup - 350 Chev V8 - Engine which is also has a fair price of 3800$

As far as I have found the only option for a SBF showing these characteristics is the Morrison crossram injection system, which come out at double the price.

My question now is: Do anybody have any experience with this Moon inlet manifold?

And what would you think of the setup I've figured out above?