View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 08:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR DAYTONA COUPE 302 COBRA FE STOCK
Not Ranked     
Cool Daytona, like no other...

Enjoy you new purchase. I've had mine over 5 years and had to do some adjustments to the seat for fit, plus added A/C so the "War Dept." (aka wife) would ride along. I believe that's only natural that you have to customize these type of cars to your physical requirements. After all, you wear these cars...you don't just sit in them.

I entered mine in a Vintage race 2 years ago to qualify for a Vintage Motorsports Council competition license. The car on the track with other real full race prepared cars (GT 350's, Camaros, Corvettes, etc.) performed awesome all weekend without incident or mechanical issues and was quite competitive!

You are right about the fact that it draws a crowd. Don't enter a car show unless you want to start collecting gaudy trophies.

Yes they are loud to drive/ride in...yes they are hot even with A/C...yes they are a little rough to drive, like any race car...yes they will capture more pictures than any other car on the road...yes some will even offer you unusual favors just for a ride...and yes, there is the smells of the engine...gas, coolant, oil, rubber, brakes cooking, and even occassionally that sweet smell of racing gas exhaust.

ENJOY! No one else does. Let me know if I can be of assistance in helping you become acquainted with your new beast.

Congratulations!