View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR3516, LS3, Aussie Mike'd T-56, 3.70 LSD, AP brakes, Penske shocks
Not Ranked     
Default Classic Revival CR3516

CR3516 has made it to its new home, safe and sound.

By way of background information, I have been hankering to build a Cobra replica for at least 15 years.

About 6 odd years ago I was literally on the edge, having done all the research and even had a supplier send me an invoice for a deposit, but I chickened out at the "spend" and went go-kart racing instead. It's fair to say that faded quickly.

I've been back on the Cobra scene for the last couple of years, but only now have I actually "arrived".

I have a couple of thanks to give, having (finally) gotten to this stage;

1) the Cobra Car Club of Victoria. CCCV truly are a great bunch, a more helpful and friendly car club I have yet to see (and I've seen a few).

2) The users on this site, ClubCobra.com - I know if I have a problem, I can raise it here and my Cobra friends will help. You can't buy that.

3) My mate Alby, who today provided the F-250 tow-car and trailer to get my baby home, and my other mates who provided on-site muscle to get it off the trailer and into position.

4) lastly and actually most-importantly, back 6 or 7 years ago when I almost ordered, I looked closely at a members car. I visited his house not far from mine, looked in detail at his car, and was very impressed. I then went to his place of business for another look at the car, again not far from my house, and looked again at the car and chatted much more. Then suddenly, without warning, he threw me the key - empty passenger seat.

Now take this in - I'm effectively no-one, and didn't previously know the guy. This guy has built his pride and joy Cobra, and handed over the key to me, an unknown.

Maybe I have a trustworthy face.

I drove the car (circa ~2003 Classic Revival), you already know what I thought of it

I don't like to name people on public forums so I shan't, suffice to say he's Bayside, Silver, and a Bloody Legend

Such a journey, and only now have I reached the beginning......

BTW, he already has a name, Edward (sounded English!) or as the Mrs has coined it, Eddie Venom! ROCK-ON!

Last edited by Modena; 09-24-2011 at 06:09 AM..