View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Hey folks,

It's been a while since I posted an update. I have been really busy with a lot of projects, but it is a good busy
So I finally got a bunch of parts from Summit and made some progress with KM647. I just finished dialing in the bell housing yesterday morning, what a *****. When I bolted the housing in, right from the box, it was at .014 TIR. So I ordered a Lakewood locating kit, the weldable one. First problem, when I got the lakewood rings I could tell that there wasn't going to be enough metal on the flange for me to drill out the 1 and 1/16 hole needed to drop the rings in... Lovely.nso I grinded down the rings to what I needed and felt safe with for welding. So yesterday morning I centered the housing, got it within .001 TIR, which must have been a fluke. I tightened everyting (checked again) and welded the rings in. They came out to .010 TIR... Son of ***** So luckly for me, it was easy to take the rings out (they were sticking out a bit from the flange, so I just grinded them down flush with the flange and punched them out). Long story short, on the second round I'm at .004 TIR, good enough for me.
I've been putting together a few AN fittings for the fuel lines too. I got the two rails all hooked up. Looks nice. Other then that, I'm just installing parts here and there. Going to roughly lay the FAST wire harness when I get home this week and we'll see when I can drop the engine in... Soon I hope.

Anyways, here are some pics.

You can see there isn't that much room on the flange. So I stopped at that thickness.

The AN fuel lines.

Painted the housing, now just got to clean the housing and install everything