View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Absolute Pace
Not Ranked     

Thank you guys,
I still cannot believe I was awarded King cobra. It seems not so long ago when I was attending the Nationals for the first time with my gel coat white cobra with black steel rims. I would look at all the shiny cars and watch as people like Gary Sims and Garrett Hebden would tear up the track like seasoned pros, it all seemed totally out of reach.

To have people like Keith Baxter, Ashley Bright, Peter Hancock, Richard Herring, John Collet, the boys Louie and James, and of course my inspiration Gary Sims seeing me as competition is really over whelming.

I do take my hat off to Ash and Gary for their 1.07 lap times in round 4, (not sure what was going on with that). The bar has been raised again.

The weekend was great; the car was running ok with a few issues but managed to perform when it needed to.

Robyn, I think I was more excited about your win, well done.

A big thankyou goes to Neil Streeting, you stuck your neck out and did what was needed, the huge amount or work you and your team have done showed with the massive improvements made on the program.

I will have to say Neil; you are the person who "saved" the nationals.

Thank you and see you next year.

Phil