View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by krkucin View Post
427SC, and it will be a driver. I work 10 days a month and plan to hit the curvy roads on a nice summer day and also with the wife or kid(s) on the weekends. May show it occasionally at a local car show. Budget is always the hard part. I was looking to spend 50K or less, but have seen some CSX cars at Mecum recently for not too much more than that. That is what got me thinking about the CSX cars. I realize that you don't buy these for an investment, but would like to maximize the value of the car for the future if I do ever sell it. My thought was that a CSX car may hold its value better than others. I may be wrong. Anyway, hope this info helps.
The CSX cars you saw were not turn key, but rollers, for 50K I think I'd be snatching up all of the CSX drivers around. I think your best bet money wise is going to be a used ERA or SPF. As others have already stated, do not ever look at this type of car as an investment, but instead view it strictly as a toy (labor of love type of toy) and nothing else.

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS