View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C,351W
Not Ranked     
Default Run at Watkins Glen

With almost 500 miles on the odometer, pretty much worn out, what do you do with you newly finished cobra?

How about some "paced laps" at Watkins Glen?

Pretty sure now I want to start a new profession. Think I need to figure out the funding.

Wish I had more time in the car to have a better idea of what the car is really capable of. You just dont get that good of an idea on the streets.

Some interesting findings...

I have heard and read all about how evil these cars can be. My findings were quite the opposite of this. I kept wondering how much more I could push it before it got loose. I was thinking another 100hp would be great. If you are thinking I just drove it like an old lady that could not be further from the truth either. After 3 laps I checked the tires, all 4 hot and sticky looking like someone was grinding on them with 10 grit sanding paper. Running a buck fifteen up the back straight the car felt well planted in the track and never gave me the feeling of the front end getting light and pushing around. Brakes were good through out and seemed very capable of of knocking off speed in a hurry.

Bottom line, drove it to the track on a beautiful fall day, ripped around the track for a bit on a beautiful fall day, and drove it back home on a beautiful fall day. Good Times... My wife mentioned that this must be a perfect example of Cobra Weather..

With that being said I think now I should get rid of the thing and start building a racing version. One can dream...

Aaron