View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF_R_/BRG/FRBoss302/327CI/FordEFI/Under_Car_Exh/
Not Ranked     

Update 10-11-11 = ! Well we are making good progress and I will be segmenting and uploading more photos and interesting content. --

If you look, I have begun to segment the updates in sections to make relevant materiel available to folks for the part of the car they might be working on - Like - Radiator , Brakes, Steering, AC, Shocks, Fuel tank, etc.

Besides my lovely wife Kristin ( Car Girl of the first class ) Many people have been very supportive and without their involvement, this would not be even close to where it is, and where it is going.

As we spoke of in earlier posts, the sum total of the wiring in the coupe along with every single electronic device is a , or has been 'bricked' for those of you in tech, you will immediately understand what I mean. -

when something has been bricked' it is of no electronic function any longer.

one thing I thought that was funny about this is the immobilizer.

In the Katrina damage, --- the immobilizer is bricked. -

- there has to be a wicked logical loop in there somewhere.

OK, so what to replace and where to get it - and how much is too much!

Running inventory of lighting systems ;

Head Lights; the Front headlights are a Wipac bucket, with a Wipac H4 carrier 7" lamp that contains a small parking lamp bulb as well as an H4 style headlight. They are available via the British Parts connections , however I was able to Obtain a stock set of takeoffs from #139 as he has retrofitted a Lucas tri-bar style lamps and I bought them along with many other take-offs.

The Wipac Plastic Headlamp Buckets and trim rings are no different than the units used on the Cobras-

Front Turn Signal lights - The nose lights for right and left signals came from some sort of motorcycle application and I found and sourced some versions on the internet. The OE SPF units are sourced from a SA lighting supplier , but the form factor is the same as many bike lamps. - they can be replaced easily.

However I personally just did not like them , so I performed a mod that is a degree rotated version of something I had seen on other sports cars with this style of enclosed nose/covered headlamp. We took a Lucas repro L488 light with an orange lens and created a mounting to take up some of the concave cavity and allow the 488 to be displayed in the nose.

FogLights ; The stock fog light is from AutoPal - autopal brand of an Indian company ( Autolite india ) that makes many lighting solutions for multiple countries. Autopals distribution in the USA is somewhere in the area of Nebeulos as I think they probably supply the "aftermarket" crash repair parts houses in the US, but I personally have only seen their boxes distributed via Fee-Bay.

Rear Tail lights - there are two sets of dual element L488s with a single hella stripe light. - I think I have the correct Hella top light on order, I will update when I confirm.

Interior Lights - so far I cannot tell where they were from , and I am going in a slightly different direction anyway so I will update that once it is determined.

I updated the rear of my car with a better license plate holder and lamp than stock to dress it up a bit, both available from Moss or FL.

all for now - Steve
Steve SPF 2734 MK3 / Brock Coupe #54- panavia.com