View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Venom, BF XR8 260kw, 6 speed auto
Not Ranked     

Awesome chassis!

I don't know if yours is approved, but when I did my torsional test I found the back of my jag diff moving, so I made a member that connected the diff to the chassis. Rock solid now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedn View Post
Hi all,

I have been working away on my cobra and currently up to paint and assembly. Thought i would post up some pics of the progress. Its really starting to come together now.

I had a lot of trouble with getting coverage with the blue pearl. Its a tricky colour because the pearl hides the lack of coverage from some angles, making it difficult to spray if the light isnt perfect. Im reasonably happy with it now. The parts you can see in the photos that are a bit thin are just the parts that get covered by the body and these will have foam tape on them any way.

I havent got the front rear shocks installed in these photos so the bits of metal on there as spaces will be removed when i get another pair of shocks.

I am using trailing arms on the rear. I know a lot of people think they are unnecessary, but the RTA frown upon leaving bits out of the Jag rear. The trailing arms are Jag bushes on the rear and nissan patrol upper trailing arm bushes on the front. Suspension moves freely without binding, whick i was glad about after spending a day making up the arms.