View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks guys.

I admit that I can sometimes be like the girl in Wonka's chocolate factory. The one who said, "but I want it now!" before falling into the vat of bubbling chocolate, never to be seen again.

I trust they didn't sell that batch!

Anyhow, that's what I'm learning too, about the importance of the journey. Reading the manual a million times and Photoshopping pictures of the car in different configurations, and dreaming about it. I know I'm preaching to the choir.

And how cool it'd be to have the car built new, just for me!

The reality of it is, I'd be okay with waiting. The long winter is coming and my life is very busy right now, too.

Yes, I would be planning to keep it long term.

If funds become available, I might have a 427 s/o built sometime in the future and re-power. But other than that the idea would be that it'd be parking in my garage (wherever that may be) for many years to come.

This is the car I wish my dad brought could have home in '65, instead of the 427 Galaxie 500 company car (an excellent ride in its own right).

I do have some questions about the 427 center oiler. I do know it saw lots of service in boats, but that was a long time ago. Can't quite figure out how expensive an engine this might be, compared to a similarly built 428.

I will definitely contact ERA on Monday, and purchase the assembly manual.

Years ago I commissioned a 28' sport fishing boat and waited over a year for it to be completed. When it arrived, it was a work of art. The helm area was built for me and fit perfectly, and she was overpowered and went like stink. Just like I hoped. It was very special, and I think this project has the potential to be similar.

Natalie

Last edited by Flygirl; 10-15-2011 at 05:33 PM..