View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF, 395 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Went to my 2nd vehicle inspection (Royalton) last week. After confirming with the DMV and the inspector, I ended up with a state issued VIN that had to be applied to my car. I placed it just under the driver-side door hinge, but since the car and sticker are both blue, it isn't really noticeable unless you're looking for it. Law also requires 2 rivets to attach the sticker as well, so the inspector drilled a couple holes and tapped the rivets in place. Not what I wanted to have happen, but from all I can determine, there was no other recourse.

The VIN does not contain my SPF number either. Curious since the SPF number is splattered all over the car. It is a MN issued alpha/numeric sequence and I had no say in the scheme whatsoever. Hopefully the next step is a title.

Ran into a state trooper the other day too (figuratively speaking). He was directing traffic and I stopped a few feet from him. He asked the year of my car, which I was unable to truthfully answer since I have no title. He looked at my rear plate, said I needed a front plate and started to write a warning ticket, but with all the traffic he just told me to get going. I finally put a front plate on my GT500 last year after repeated warnings and a fix-it ticket. Can't stand the thought of putting one on the Cobra.