View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
I would beware of any 428FE built for $3k to $4k. Be prepared for numbers that are closer to their squares instead.
So, compared to that, what might a 427 center oiler cost me? Any guesses? Just ballpark figures at this point.

I've heard $15,000-$20,000 for a 427 s/o in mild street trim with nothing fancy; the hope (or should I say fantasy?) is that the center oiler would be significantly less.

I think I just like the look of the pentroof valve covers with the 427 cobra logo that's the same as on the fenders of the car.

There, I admitted it.

I know it's shallow, but there you go. That's why I was considering a center oiler. It's not going to be seeing 10/10ths ever.

The whole replica question is interesting to me. Except for the body, there's not that much similar to the original car. And yet, somehow it seems right with the period correct pieces, including the engine. And yes, I know that some street 427s did come with the 428.

I suspect that budget constraints will help narrow things down once I learn more. I'm definitely open to guidance, of course from Peter but y'all too.

Last edited by Flygirl; 10-15-2011 at 06:25 PM..