View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2 View Post
Yep, good speakers , not normal computer one's, are needed to hear every engine.
I was wearing high fidelity headphones. I think setting the camera on the seat wasn't helping matters any, and the part with the car idling in the garage just didn't make sense to me, with the sound echoing off those freshly finished walls. Editing would definitely help; my Mac came with free software that makes that possible.

Dan, thanks for the input. I would go with the scoop, riveted. I like the way it looks from the driver's seat.

Not sure about the narrower wheels in back. I've seen some cars where the fenders don't seem to be filled by the rear tires, and that doesn't look so good to me. Would have to get more information on that and see pics.

The 390 or 428 would not be stroked, and I think a single 4bbl would be fine, like I said with the turkey pan. This isn't going to be a high RPM, race engine. If I lose some top end horsepower, I don't think that'd be a huge issue. And it'd be even more okay the first time my mom gets into the car and doesn't burn herself on the side pipes.

I won't be a slave to the ultimate period correct car, but I don't want to stray too far, either. I'm sure with some more info I could balance price and correctness, and come up with something nice.

I'm not going for a show car, I've driven Porsches and gotten them to the point where they were so perfect that the whole object of each outing was to get the car back into the garage without the smallest stone chip, or getting the chassis dirty.

This car—or a used one, if I were to go that route—will be driven and enjoyed, and will see much of California and perhaps the West Coast, too. And it won't have a bra on the front or spats or anything, it'll develop a driven patina and that's just the way I like it.

Last edited by Flygirl; 10-15-2011 at 07:38 PM..