Old 10-18-2011, 08:39 AM
Backdraft Racing Dealer
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by james911pro View Post
The dealer bought the engine in late 2007, I only got the car on the road late 2008. The oil consumption got progressively worse. I had faith in the dealer and didnt report them to Roush. That being said the mechanic had a few ideas why it would be burning oil... idling too long etc. In the meanwhile the warranty "ran out".
As for the documentation, If I'm luck I might still have an email that was within the "warranty period. Everything else was verbal.
I did contact Roush with a firm letter , through Mark and "my case" was revised at the Engine Department Oversight Comittee" meeting last Tuesday ...only to be told the engine was out of warranty NO EXCEPTIONS, but that they would offer me replacement parts at a reduced rate. This is not at all what I was expecting from Roush or such a high dollar engine!
You've had the car on the road for 3 years with a 4 year old engine, it's hard to find fault in anyone but your dealer for not reporting it right away with you. An engine should not exhibit these problems, yes. But when and if they do it has to be properly addressed.

Roush has shipped over 1000 of the SBF 427s so the track record is pretty good