View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

On the other hand...

First, let me say I could care less about Roush either way. But I have to say that any company that provides a warranty has the right to put limits on it, whether it be based on time, usage or initial ownership. What if the car only put on 3,000 in 10 years? Who will determine what the line ought to be, and who will deal with the next person who comes in and says he's got another one with 10 years plus a day?

I also note that there seems to be folks out there who come in and post only after they've had a problem and expect everyone to jump on the bandwagen. Why not join in and post earlier on when initial problems (such as oil consumption) start up? Makes one feel a bit used.

Folks that have been around here and put their toes in the water are known by others...there's a certain amount of credibility that comes with that.

If you went to court, you'd lose. There's a reason for that. Announcing to others that a company should be tarred and feathered because they won't make an exception in your case where the time lapse is not even close to the warranty period...sorry, I don't buy into that. If you approached them on that basis and demanded they cover it, well, maybe they're going to be less inclined to extend a helping hand. I'm sure you can say you were really nice and all, but how do we know how you act? All of your posts are in this thread.

You want a lifetime warranty? Get a Zippo, a Swiss Army knife or a Fisher Space Pen. Hartmann's damn good about their travel bag zippers too. other than that...read the warranty when you buy something. It's not like it's new concept.

As to others who have had problems with this particular company (or others for that matter) during a warranty period (or a damn sight closer to it after notifying folks of the problem before expiration), I say hell ya...raise some stink and hold their feet to the fire if you have to.

Just my thoughts on the matter. You post here...expect feedback. That's the way it works.

Last edited by Jamo; 10-18-2011 at 07:58 PM..