View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default It's not all China fault

Guys I don't like Japan, China and some other countrys that make and sell parts that are not up to spec, hardness, or cheap labor. I also don't think that waiting 4-12months for a forged crank is ludicrist. If you don't believe me call LAE, Milidon, or Velesco and check waiting time. We have no steel industry in the US anymore. China can make and ship crank blanks cheaper than making them here. I don't believe that they are the 4340 steel they claim to be. It's still a get what you pay for game. What does a Scat forged crank go for?? An LAE crank with a 4.25" stroke is $2,500.00 dollars this is finished basic crank. Aero edges, lightening, and balance are on top of this price. Scat crank with all the tricks, about $2,000.00. This country is going down a rabbit hole. If we could buy USA made I would but company after company are going under. Just look at Crane cams. I have been buying Crane valve train parts since 72. Never had a problem with them until hydro lifters where being made from some company that was not Johnson or the other main hydro roller lifters. It's about supply, demand, and who's paid for in DC. Taxes on imports is half of what we paid to export. Who thouight this idea up??? Rick L.