View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 03:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX2498 has been in our family garage since '68....Scratch built aluminum bodied 427SC Cobra, 427FE, CSX3000 chassis specs, 95% finished, only needs paint.
Not Ranked     

Hey, That info was posted a while back, I think it is 3/8" foam sheets. I purchased it thru Grainger. I have a few sheets here that you are welcome to ..........and I will look for the part number.

Normal yellow bonding adhesive is used to glue the foam to the aluminum. It is a contact adhesive, so you coat both sides, wait for it to dry and then carefully apply, you do not get several chances as it sticks and stays.

The glue is expensive, I have plenty here that you can have. We use the same adhesive to glue EPDM sheets of roofing ....so we buy it in 5 gal. buckets.

I failed to mention, you need a small rubber roller similar to the style used to roll tile. You need to roll the foam in and make sure it adheres across the entire surface.

later, karl

Last edited by KarlCSX2498; 10-25-2011 at 04:25 PM.. Reason: speling & added roller info