View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unfortunataly ; none
Not Ranked     

Oh yeah, Lovehamma. That's really something.Looking good, i think. Some chrome details and a black hood with a scoop. A little "hot" but not too much of it.

That's a great Stang. Wouldn't be embarassed to show up in that one either... Actually I'm not a great fan of Mustangs but this one has it all. Looks, style, (on paper) a great suspension setup & a really great engine. To be honest, if it was me doing that Mustang, I wouldn't put that much into looks. Gunmetal flat grey & no plastic styling except a needed front air dam + rear huge wing, I guess is mine cup of tea in the Mustang department.

Yup, Gaz- been looking at the TWM systems. (Apparently they do not have crossram for 302?). As you can see, the injectors sits a bit closer to the heads on the TWM system and on the Hilborn for that matter, than on my drawing.

The only "true world example" I've seen on injector position experimentation on a (Ford?)V8 was some 1500- 2000 hp turbo engine (by, if I remember correct one of the guys that rune the EFI university). They found maximum horsepower by placing the injectors about 4" or so above the ports and not, as on most inlet manifolds, at the port openings in the heads.

I'm now thinking- after you posted the "reverse IDA plates": Why not fabricate some for the IDF's and run the manifold I already have? By any chance not much different from the Moon or Hillborn setup for yhat matter. Would save me plenty of cash as well.

Have to measure to see if there's room for the fuel rails and injectors turned towards centre of engine. I'm into the thinking booth.

Call me in a month or so....