View Single Post
Old 11-05-2011, 07:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RCM, Jag front and rear, LS3
Not Ranked     
Default Ford Territory Engine mounts

Hi Guys,

I know there are a lot of ford experts on here so hoping you guys can save me some time.

Anyone got any experience with engine mounts in a 2004 Ford Territory Ghia 4lt? My sister has one and her mechanic has told her it needs new mounts. Two mechanics have told her that all aftermarket suppliers are out of stock until December and the OEM are close to $500 each.

I jumped on the net to see if i could locate some and after a bit of reading discovered they are oil filled. Does this mean there needs to be oil leaking for them to be shot or can they tear without opening the oil chamber?

I havnt had a chance to look at the car properly yet but im pretty sure there is no oil leaks. I only got a 5 second look today, but the motor doesnt appear to me to be moving that much although apparently it is banging. From the reading i have done it appears these motors move alot anyway so could be an exhaust mount or something banging.

If someone could shed some light on whether the oil leaks out at failure before i go looking for mounts it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Liam