View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubby View Post
What I did notice is when I burnished the brakes it took 20 stops from 40 mph to get the brakes hot. Normally, 10 would do the job.
John, I agree there's no real difference on the street, peformance-wise, but if you switch your pads out to the softer Hawk pads I think you'll like the change. But I don't understand why she's asking these questions, unless it's just for intellectual curiosity. What is she going to say if a beautiful used ERA comes along at the right price? "Uh, sorry, but no... I had my heart set on the bigger brake package." Now if she's starting to think along the lines of taking a trip out to New Britain and spec'ing out her perfect car, then that's another story. If what she wants is a street car, then she should just pick a mechanically sound ERA that has options, that she can see, that she likes. The color of the damn paint is probably the most important thing on the whole car and we can't pick that for her. Of course, I recommend beige....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grubby View Post
Patrick,

I would love to see pictures when you get this project complete.
You don't even have to ask.