View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to insult GM. I knew as soon as I wrote that I shouldn't have. For the record, when I was growing up in the 60s and early 70s with all those different Fords, I envied GM styling and performance.

"Vague sense of brand loyalty" really puts it well.

I do like the simplicity and low cost, for sure. And honestly I didn't know the specific model of GM car from which these brakes were taken. I actually feel better about this now, with that new information.

Really, since the car will probably never see track time, I'm going to explore the limits with great care. In addition to all the other reasons, these cars don't seem like they'd be my preference if I had to be involved in a higher speed unintended off road excursion.

I do get the feeling that the ERA package is well thought out and have a level of trust regarding their parts choices. And I appreciate all the input, especially from those with these brakes on their cars.

Regarding the FIA, logically it might be a better choice for me. But I like the swoopy 427 SC body and have never owned a performance Ford big block (discounting my old '66 Continental convertible). I can't explain it logically, a very emotional decision. I've owned a number of 65-68 Mustangs; now I want to use this as an opportunity to learn more about the FE engines and get that new experience.

Now...about that Subaru steering rack...!
:-)

Last edited by Flygirl; 11-13-2011 at 07:28 PM..