View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     
Default Public Service Announcement: Get your prostate checked.

On behalf of my father, Mike Mills, I would like to make a plea to the group that you get your prostate checked as regularly as suggested.

My dad is in the last stage of his life due to prostate cancer and I'm not certain why it only came to me in the last couple of days to post something after a 6 year battle with the disease, but I want to share this simple message with the group. This is in the hopes that my dad, before and after he leaves this world, may facilitate saving or otherwise prolonging others’ lives. My dad went in for other routine health issues about 6 years ago and found out that he had prostate cancer. After removing the prostate it was clear that the cancer had reached beyond the outer walls of the prostate and had spread. They gave him 2-3 years at the time. While we feel blessed that we got 6 years more from my father, he is far too young (64), and the time has flown by very quickly.

In the end, the situation is not pretty, and one which we all should work to avoid. On behalf of my father, don’t let fear of cancer or probing fingers keep you from finding these problems early enough to deal with them so that you may live a long and happy life.

For those who are suffering with this disease, keep up the good fight. My dad has remained very positive throughout and has been an inspiration to me and our family.

Take care,