View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Brent,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. If I may address what you've said - I am in the exact same situation that your Dad finds himself in. My cancer has almost certainly escaped the prostate, and I'm told it's just a matter of time until it metastasizes and develops somewhere else. Until that happens, like your Dad, I live life each day and try to enjoy the little things. It goes without saying that what the amazing guys on this forum have done with my car keeps me going.

The very high cure rate for Prostate cancer (if it is caught early) finds us becoming almost immune to it's dangers. The problem with Prostate cancer is that it is insidious. There are almost no symptoms of the disease in it's early stages. However, once symptoms do finally appear, it's almost always too late at that point. Please guys, get checked regularly. It can and likely will save your life. Prostate cancer caught early is usually curable. Prostate cancer caught after symptoms appear is not so easy. An early diagnosis can and usually will save your life.

My best to you, your family, and of course your Dad, Brent. Thanks so much for raising this issue. You may have just saved someones life.

Doug