View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 09:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK LAKE View Post
davids2toys Dave Redline sell GL-4 in all different weights from 70/80 up to 80/140. It's about 13.50 a quart Goggle it, there are alot of places Autozone has a 20% off if you order it on the web look at Redline 50204 and 50304. The other one is Amsoil sell gallons and quarts of 75w-90 api/gl-4 (MTG) Prices vary and its a full syn. If you have a GM store check part # 12346190. This is a GL-4 BUT might have friction adders. Try tightening the bolts on the tail shaft housing, this may top the leak depending if it's a gasket or rtv leaking. Happy holiday Rick L.
Rick, I have actually called Redline, they recommend the 75w-90 NS(non slippery) for the Toploader, it is crated GL5 but he said that was closest to the the EP oil that was OE in the Toploader. Also has no friction modifier at all. Another option was Redline 75w-90 MT90 this is GL4. Problem is, they are both synthetic and as I have stated, I have read and heard to stay away from synthetic in the Toploader.
I have made sure the bolts were tight, made no differance. Would you happen to know the Torque spec on these?
Happy Thanksgiving to you too...Dave