View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Ratcheting of the rear used to have its own section in the super-secret part of the site reserved for owners only and lubrication details were outlined there. The last time I accidentally posted a direct link to that area Bob P. came by my house and threw rocks at my windows (broke two of them, in fact). But, as luck would have it, that info is also included in the "free version" of the ERA manual that is available to all. Click here: Download instructions for the manuals and web site and then click on the Free Assembly Manual for the 427 to download it (it's in PDF format). Then go to page 150 and you'll find it there, along with the capacities and suggested lubricants for transmissions as well (like the Toploader). I don't know what the true viscosities of any of the recommended stuff is, but I wouldn't second guess the manual since Jag based rears have been used exclusively in ERA cars for the last thirty years or so.
Very good, thank you. I love that ERA site. I have found a lot of great info their in the past
Their info for the tranny goes against what I have heard about Toploaser do's and dont's...specifically GL-5 and synthetic being OK