View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keithc8 View Post
How did we miss you on that 427 SB. We are a little more than Ford but quite a bit less than Roush. If the engine is truly complete and dyno tested you can eliminate these problems. I sent quite a few engines over seas and would not do one with out dyno testing and checking all of this.
We all have problems but making sure it is ran before it leaves is the best way. Ford Racing just has there regular engine rebuilding company do these. I have sold them but when not complete you can not be sure.

Good luck, Keith Craft
But thats it, i have a piece of paper stating it was run for 20 min before packed and shipped, i would have thought this problem would have been picked up then,this motor started smoking from when we first started it as it got to normal temp, and as i have stated my mechanic pulled the inlet manifold and no evidence of oil getting sucked through the gaskets but the combustion chambers had to much oil in there for his liking, he thinks the rings may have been put in the wrong way but all 8! every plug is oiled up, i tried with pvc and with a breather no difference,i hope they don't take to long for a sollution, i'm not getting a good night sleep ATM.
cheers chris.ps non synthetic oil was used 10-40 as was recomended by ford racing tech line.

Last edited by 68pony; 12-10-2011 at 11:37 PM..