View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Most people buy ERA's as a roller or complete---I bought mine in components. The frame was powder-coated and the body was mounted on the frame (an option). I put together the front suspension, installed the rear suspension, did the wiring, and installed the engine and transmission. Basically, I did everything except the body work and paint.

The part that made the ERA "affordable" for me was that I bought what I needed as I built it---the actual build time was gated by my ability to burn cash. I really enjoyed the build. In fact, partway into my build my then 5-year old son was diagnosed with Leukemia, and when I had a moment I found a lot of solice in working on my Cobra.

My son it fine now. Indeed, six months after his two-year chemotherapy treatment I went into kidney failure and had a kidney transplant.

My ERA is a source of constant joy (and thrills). My gosh, I took it out today and after a few years driving it I'm nearly a small-town celebrity. Seems like everybody waves or stops to comment on the sheer beauty of my ERA 289 FIA. I meet more people with my Cobra than I did taking my massive German Shepherd to the dog park!

Can't lose with ERA, 289 FIA or 427.

Have fun shopping, but do your homework. I bought an entirely different Cobra than I would have had I purchased one right off the bat. I love my ERA!

Cheers,
DD

"You're kidding, right?"