View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 11:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Okay guys need some experts oppinions, i have been told by someone that has fitted these 427 to a few cars and has had simular problems,he is in the USA , he said that due to the poor design of the head the drain hole on top of the head is to small and to high and that these engines are fitted with high volume oil pumps and are pumping to much oil to the top of the motor and the drain hole can't cope with the volume and is flooding and this is where the oil is seeping through, he has solved the problem by fitting a standard oil pump but a proper fix would be to remove the head and modify the drain hole, does this make any sence,it would be a easy fix as my mustang has a removable cross member and all i would need to do is remove the rack and drop the sump from under the car so what do you guys think, i aint no expert we can eliminate the intake i went to my mechanics work shop the intake is clean as no oil at all anyware on the intake which would also indicate there is no blow by the intake looks like it has just come out of the box, also the intake ports on the heads are clean as no oil at all and very clean, there is a pool of oil on all the inlet valves not sure of exhaust we did not take the headers off but if my exhaust tips are covered in oil its a safe bet they have oil on them, so my mechanic reckons they have fitted the rings up side down and is sucking the oil up through the cylinders man i'm shattered, ive sent ford racing another email with our latest findings now another nights wait to see what they say.