Thread: brand new guy
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A&C 427S/C, 351W, T5
Not Ranked     

Kevin:
Back in 2000 when I was making the jump to this madness, I was going to go with FF until I was told to stop by their shop (A&C) in Buffalo and was sold on the body, the thickness of the fiberglass and the Gel Coat. They fill the mold lines with putty so there are no "Mold Lines", they correct any issues they find when it comes out of the mold and buff and polish it before you take delivery.
I have been running the car since 2001 and only have buffed it when I got it and put a synthetic wax on it every year. What was the best was no body work except to put holes in where they needed to be? No seams to sand down and body filler prep and prep and prep then paint etc. Now mind you it is not a $10,000 professional paint job, but a car shows, people do not believe it is not paint. There are some fiberglass waves you can see under certain light conditions but again, if that really mattered to me to a point where I didn't like it, maybe then if I got tired of the Chrome Yellow color or I wanted stripes, I would take the body to a professional and get it down. But, the most fun is driving it.
I would scan thru the A & C Forum here to read about what others have said.
Good luck with the decision.
Jim