View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
I am curious will it make you feel better when someone says "All builders have parts issues at one time or another"? I doubt it but wanted to get a jump on it.
I don't blame ford racing for the faulty seals but it would have been nice for them to have told me that there was a issue with them'when i rang there tech line 2 weeks ago i asked the question were there any issues with seals on these engines , the reply was no , well bull**** i have every right to be pissed, we pulled off a perfectly sealed intake for nothing, especially seeing that there is history for this problem, i know plenty of mechanics who have been burned due to faulty parts, but the link that was put up to the ffcars forum with a person with simular issues i have been in contact with him and yes he also had the same problem and yes it was the seals this was in aprill of this year, its funny how i orded my 427 5th of may this year so around the same time as his, i'm curious as to how ford racing will handle this seeing i'm so far away, even if they send me new seals i dought i will use them, i will however take a new intake gasket, i have asked them to send me a new one lets see how good they handle this one.
cheers chris
here is a pic before it went in.

And my baby the red vert on the left

Last edited by 68pony; 12-13-2011 at 06:22 PM..