Thread: 302 Rebuild
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HARRISON, FORD 302, SOLD
Not Ranked     

Oooh Wazza, it hurts too much to talk about it.

An unfortunate set of circumstances let to minor contact with a hoist post......whilst checking codes, a dicky worn connection in the key ignition switch kicked over the starter motor, the car was in gear, it leapt forward and attempted to climb said post....nasty!! Anyway, thank goodness it didn't fire up....it could have done a lot more damage. Fortunately no-one was in the path as well. Nothing Des can't deal with:-)

Geof on the ECU. I incorrectly wired 12v into the fault code circuit and cooked it :-(
Just careless i 'spose, when Peter discovered it it was so obviously wrong, but I can't remember why back when i wired the car what i was thinking.
The car ran mostly OK but when backing off there was a hesitation when accelerating again. I went looking for fault codes and of course, in retrospect, due to the above couldn't get any. Pete put one of his ECU's in whilst waiting for a replacement and it improved the cough, he still thinks it's there a bit but puts it down to my intake path, resulting in poor airflow through the MAF. Hopefully when I get the Massflo done all will be good.

Anyway, I'm picking it up this week from Des and bring it home for Christmas. Then next year I'll try and improve the bump steer issues........sheeesh isn't it fun!!

Greg