View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Wish I had my own PACE 427
Not Ranked     

I'm more than jealous, a man of very good taste. I just love the driving photos, out on the road where they should be.

The 427 is definitely CSX3150. You can lock that in.

CSX3150 has always been unusual. No oil cooler scoop, different front turn signals, different rear lights, larger mud flaps on front guards, different badges, hood scoop, tinted top of windscreen, interior differences etc. Certainly different to what you would expect of a 427 street car. But from what I have seen of original cars, it could be a combination of factory options/changes and customisations by different owners over the years. I suspect most from owners.

CSX3150 previous owner was Rod Sherrard. Rod purchased it from NSW while it was blue(see attached photo), had it at the Brisbane Motorshow in 2005. Rod was also gracious enough to have it over at Bowdens lined up next to their own Cobra's & GT40 when the QLD Cobra Club first visited there. Then it had a major restoration by Sleeping Beauties and painted in Red with it's original hard top. Sleeping Beauties :: Restorations of Fine Automobiles Then for sale early this year by Classic Throttle Shop in Sydney. Classic Throttle Shop - Sold Cars And now another colour.

Rumoured to have changed hands for $480k in 2005 while it was unrestored in blue.

Don't have much time to dig for the many photos I have of CSX3150, but here is one from my gallery when it was blue taken at Bowdens. Enjoy.

Last edited by 400TT; 12-19-2011 at 04:40 AM..