View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 02:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF2984 MK111, Roush 511 IR FE 8 Stack, Dynoed: [flywheel] 572HP at 6000 , 556# Torque at 4700, Bowler 4R70W Auto Transmision. Tires: Mickey T's S/R 26.0x10.0x15.0 F ,26.0x12.0x15.0 R Color, Bleck, because they told me it was Bleck, at the factory.
Not Ranked     
Default Here you go..................

I received some very good advice from Randy Thomas at SCOFF and discovered the cause of the issue:

on the left front wheel brake caliper there are supposed to be four bolts that should have been secured by locktite by the installer, guess what when I checked last night there were only three, apparently they was no locktite and thus one vibrated loose, as a result the entire assembly could move vertically and thus when braking the assembly would move and sound like metal to metal and make a loud clunking noise. After driving back and forth several times to get video of the motion and noise the wheel well was heavily scraped.

Long story short I sent a video of the breaking motion to Lance of Superformance and he got Charlie of Hot Rods by Dean in Phoenix to pick up my car, it will be fixed tomorrow. Also on the fix list is the turn signals, they never worked from the very first time I got the car and after I returned the car I was subsequently assured by the installer they would be fixed. I am also guessing the power booster brake pump will need replacing since it was acting up on the very first day I went to test drive my car six months ago.

Not sure about you guys who are skilled in the art of automotive sciences, but when I saw this picture it sure didn’t look right, even if it works well.

You guys be the judge. tin-man

Last edited by tin-man; 12-20-2011 at 02:30 AM..