View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin-man View Post
...on the left front wheel brake caliper there are supposed to be four bolts that should have been secured by locktite by the installer, guess what when I checked last night there were only three, apparently they was no locktite and thus one vibrated loose, as a result the entire assembly could move vertically and thus when braking the assembly would move and sound like metal to metal and make a loud clunking noise. After driving back and forth several times to get video of the motion and noise the wheel well was heavily scraped.
John, if the brake caliper was loose and moving, is it actually the inside of the wheel itself that's scraped as opposed to the wheelwell?

Re: the transmission pan angle, let's hope it was deliberately canted that way for clearance or some other purpose and does not present any sort of problem.

With a relatively bare bones hotrod like a Cobra, some ongoing tweaking, tightening and vibration related issues can be expected. These early problems you're experiencing though, are more typical of what an amateur home builder/assembler might expect and cheerfully accept on a car he built in his own garage but DEFINITELY NOT from a $100K plus turnkey the second time around from an all-star cast of names like SPF/Hillbank/Roush et al.

But don't lose faith in Cobras buddy - they really aren't that bad. Get your remaining issues sorted so you can get out there and really feel the joys of Cobra ownership.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 12-20-2011 at 09:41 AM..