View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Superformance installed the brake calipers and turn signal both of which have problems = negative

Hillbank = I assume knew of loose calipers issues since there was a TSB. I assume a dealer would run a shake down on the car. Maybe they never had to stop or use a turn signal prior to both deliveries . = Negative

I have no idea about the transpan with missing paint but it met expectations on someone list

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACademic View Post
Some perspective seems to be in order with so many opinions:

- Superformance built the rolling chassis and body. Does not appear to be any issues with that (the car is gorgeous and structurally sound). Verdict = Positive.
- Hillbank sold the turn-key-minus car and is clearly standing behind their product (and supplementing the installer they may have referred the buyer to). Verdict = Positive.
- Eric Voss installed what might be a one-off combination for any prior replica Cobra build (BIG INCH Roush injected motor with auto trans). Fraught with issues, some which clearly could have been avoided, but still more complex then your typical build. Not sure why this project, after countless others, went so far south either. Maybe even this one-off install was out of their league? Verdict = Negative.

A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. And the weakest link is clearly evident. I hope this owner gets his car sorted out...sometimes it takes a while but once it's set (as others have pointed out), it's set for good with just routine maintenance thereafter.