View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates, Vette suspension, Baer 6P brakes, 540 cid Chevy, Haltech Fuel Injection
Not Ranked     

You can see the engine oil pan is fairly level so I think there is no issue with motor mounts. The transmission sure looks cockeyed from what we normally see. Not sure how to bolt it to the engine that way, unless there is an adapter plate between the engine and the transmission. If there is an adapter plate, maybe it has to be cocked to get the bolt pattern to fit or the starter or something. If this is an adaptation, I am not sure there is any fix, nor am I sure this is a real issue for transmission operation. The pan looks deep and with the right pickup, the rest of the transmission doesn't care if it is level or not. The pan just has to hold a puddle of ATF around the pickup and if this does that, it could work just fine. The dipstick would need to re-marked at the right fill level for the application and the transmission rear mount would have to be on an angled bracket, but other than that and like I said, the transmission really doesn't care about its rotational position. This might just be the way it has to be...