View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Brent, this whole ordeal has been a nightmare. Keisler has no idea what they're doing. We received the wrong disk first, then the wrong TO bearing that pushed through the 'large hole' PP, then a new kit that they claimed would work. Still doesn't work. From day one 10 months ago I told them this was a stock 428CJ with all original linkage, etc.. They never mentioned a word about the fork.

If I use that McLeod lever I'll need a different adjustment rod and perhaps other stuff as the CJ adjustment rod actually passes through the hole in the clutch fork as opposed to resting in the dimple of the McLeod fork. Looks like a small block adjustment rod will work that fits over the 'pin' on the lower Z bar and is pointed on the other end to engage the dimple in the fork.

Will the McLeod lever you suggest work with the stock CJ bellhousing and stock pivot?

Think there's any chance I can change the fork by removing the bell access plate? Wondering if I can slip it under the TO bearing clips. As I mentioned, the stock fork did slip out of the bearing clip once, I was able to get it clipped back in from the access hole.

Right now I have the SPEC clutch and small TO bearing installed with the CJ fork, it would be great to replace the fork and have this work without pulling everything apart.

THANKS

Last edited by johnkn; 12-23-2011 at 01:44 PM..