Thread: 408W or 427W
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR with Dart Iron Eagle 408w motor with AFR 225 heads and 83mm turbo, 924rwhp, 986rwtq
Not Ranked     

I have a Dart Iron Eagle block and was going to go with a 427cid but stayed with 408cid because I was using a turbo and wanted to have as much head surface as I could for the head gasket to seat on. I don't like repairing blown head gaskets. I agree on getting use to the HP, I started with 715rwhp then turned it up to 835rwhp then 924rwhp now I am over 1000rwhp. I think my cars sweet spot is around 800-835rwhp with the mods to my suspension and drag radials I can use the power in all gears need to be easy with 1st gear and just hold on in the others and I can use 93 octane with my Methanol injection system. Over 900rwhp I need to take in easy on the gas peddle until the middle of 3rd gear. The magic 427 number is important to some that want to have their car more original but I was not going for original with a turbo and stereo. These cars are not very practical so they need to be fast vintage looking SUPER-CARS!!! Just my 2 cents.