View Single Post
Old 02-14-2002, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #901 Superformance 427cid 540hp!
Not Ranked     
Angry WOW! I Finally hear from John

AS far as dialoge over our internet forum goes, you gave me little choice, I have tried to contact you several times quietly over the phone etc.
As far a visiting without a appointment, I can't beleive you even practice this. You have folks that might be potential customers, and you turn them away and or pay no attention to them at all, hoping that they just go away!
Sudstandard quality, where do I start. Front spindle would not bolt up, you sent it out to be repaired, but made me feel like I did not know what I was doing. Holes in fiberglass were very rough and not in correct place, ie. around windsheild, roll bar, inner fender openings. Furthermore where there were no holes, the marks to be drilled out were in the wrong spot. The side vents were cut on various angles and looked very sloppy.
My concern is with money spent on the following parts: 1. the chorming of the rad top plate - $55.00, the holes in the plate were in the wrong position consequently i had to relocate the bolts coming off the rad to fit the off center hole in the already chromed rad plate. In the car everything was off centered; not satisfied. 2. Powder coated sheetmetal - $250.00, the floor did not fit the frame rails and seal out the cockpit from fumes ect. as a saftey concern. I ended up having to build my own floors out of aluminum. The cost of the first to items is for the chorming and powder coating applications. Had I know they were not going to fit I never would have ordered these parts from you.

3. Billet Throttle Cable Bracket - $125.00, This piece may have fit certain manifolds but not my weiand intake. This piece was not even a bittet it was two thick pieces of aluminum bolted together. 4. The chassis wiring harness - $805.00, upon installation the few labels that are on it fell off and some connectors were very easily pulled off. The gauge wiring needed to be reworked to fit my autometer gauges. Upon disassembly of that section I was disappointed with the quality of workmanship and decided not to use the harness as a preventive measure incase of fire.

In response to you comment regarding my choice to not use the parts included in the kit I had invested a large amount of money for this project and excepted top quality. In addition I had no other options but to customize some of the parts as Johnex parts did not fit. I believe you are incorrect with the time line of my retuning these parts to you. I have however been waiting approximately one or two years for you to acknowledge and provide me with some sort of solution or customer service.

You have asked me to provide you with my telephone number or fax number, I have done so several time but will oblige you once again.

Phone 780.980-0698
E-Mail rodscobra@shaw.ca

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Rod