View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

I have a solution! On a certain day at a certain time we ( the members if this forum) will get together and have a pity party. So it's easy to remember how about January 2nd at 2pm PT.

A this exact time all Cobra owners, replicas or originals, from around the world will say a prayer and sigh a very large "ahhhhhhhhhhh" for all of the people who were naive enough to think that they would not get a negative reaction when showing their car. In fact, let's not just do it for the author of the thread, but let's do it for every owner who felt they got their feelers stepped on when they were asked "is this a kit car?" and they did not know what to say, so they had to post the question here too.

Also, let's also remember at this time the guys with SBF who also could not believe that someone would say something negative like "why don't you have an FE in it?" - we need to have a pity party for the guys who had no idea that was going to happen. Let's do it also for the guys who are not fortunate enough to own an aluminum bodied car just to be asked "is this aluminum or fibre glass?" for the 3,000 time. For the people who did not know that was going to happen, let's include them too!

Again - I want to be clear, I am not saying we should do this for everyone who has a Chevy under the hood in their Cobra, nor am I saying we should do this for all of the replicas or "kit cars" either, as well as everyone who has a SBF in their Cobra - I just think we should do this for the ones naive enough to not know someone was going to say something and that something was going to be negative, even unexcusably harsh at times. If I am forgetting a certain group, let me know, we can include them as well - hell, we don't want to hurt anyone feelings do we?

I think this should help these people, maybe it would make them feel special, warm and fuzzy. Perhaps by doing so, we can keep topics like this from popping up in the future.

Who's with me! How about it, who's in?