View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dax
Not Ranked     

Righto Chris,

I was not intending my comments to be a slur; you started a post, asked some questions, then deleted your post. This came across as if you were trying to gain information from us without a permanent record. Regardless, I have spoken to you in the past, regarding a Daytona Coupe, and for the record your behaviour in our emails and phone conversation was exemplary. Now that your post is reinstated with a picture 'as registered', I will follow up and give you the rest of my feedback.

Firstly, in NSW, the vehicle report is submitted with a lot of photographs. This allows the RTA/RMS to identify changes made after the engineers report. The future plans for this is to allow the police to be able to look up your certificate at the roadside and see the photos. This means your seat change would be a pain. Same for side repeaters.

Next on the list, the standard VSB14 document will not allow fixed harnesses or left side exhausts. Whilst I know how to get through this in NSW, and it involves a bit of effort on the signatory's behalf; typically they must apply to the minister for an allowance to meet different standards to those listed in VSB14 to be allowed. I've spent a lot of time working through these specific items (harnesses and side pipes) as this is what I have on my v8 Dax rush.

Other than that, the final thing off the top of my head is IM240 testing; it's free from 2 locations in NSW, but it is also essential - nothing else is acceptable. It's also not too tough with a modern engine and a competent tuner.

Best of luck in your venture,

Treeve

Last edited by Treeve; 01-01-2012 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: Spell check on iPhone being a nightmare