View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB #145, Ford 5.0 HO
Not Ranked     
Smile

Chris,

I was not flaming or slurring anybody...merely stating that it would be disappointing as a perspective buyer not to have your continued input into the characteristics and information of this vehicle within the forum perspective for the public record.

I think that it is great that you have continued to post on the board, especially as this board and the associated experience of many of the board members provide the most comprehensive guide for the Australian evolution and production of this vehicle that I could find online.

Now putting my engineers hat back on, Notwithstanding the technical integrity and certification of all materials used in the construction of this vehicle kit, and the fact that your Engineer has NSW authorization to assess said compliance, my question will be two fold.

I understand that if the car was certified during and after a complete build (in WA) by the aforementioned NSW accredited engineer, then registering in this state would not be an issue providing no further modifications had been made since the initial certification (although this could still be at the RTA/RMS discretion and the appropriate submissions may still need to be made). Would this be the case members?

Now the second part, I understand that an assembler in say NSW, would still be required to undertake the ICV application and assessment process IAW current procedures, with possibly less engineering rigor for the test and trial process due to the recognized certification of Objective quality evidence supplied with the kit in respect to the integrity of materials, (but would still have to make the appropriate submissions and waiver requests using the documented OQE as mitigation)...

So that leads us back to the progressive and completed build of a purchased kit...where by an assembler would still need to have the actual constructed vehicle re-assesed for certification under the new NSW system for regulatory compliance by a local recognized NSW engineer as it is a fair hike back to WA and/or possibly impracticable to have the WA based engineer (the original NSW also accredited engineer) fly over for the testing process.

So...Is there an issue having more than one certifier for the vehicle...and if not surely the second certifier would not have go over the certified material previously covered all over again?

Now for the add it does state "Everything you need to build the car minus
Engine Transmission, fuel pump, wheels, tyres and paint.." and that it is the MK 4..so happy with that....there was a completed FFR build in WA of one of these set ups and SC 5.4 engine configuration for sale recently online at over the 100 K mark...was this one, one of yours Chris?

Cheers AdS

Last edited by ICETOO; 01-01-2012 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: spell checker error