Thread: 408W or 427W
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 01:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Fordstroker 408w custom solid roller-Craft ported Brodix 17*heads-CFM ported Vic Jr. intake-1 3/4 primaries- 575hp-TKO-600RR Liberty upgrade- -Moser 8.8 trutrac-McLeod Street Extreme--QA-1-Wilwood brakes, Classic Chambered 3" Cobrapacks, Avon's
Not Ranked     

It should be a nice build. Keep us posted.
I found that my KC 195 heads raised my exhaust at the 4 pipe flange about 1/8". A 120 emery spool and a electric drill worked perfect to contour the body. Also the head valve cover rails were a little higher. The oil filler tube had to be cut 1/4 for cap clearance, again 5 minute job with a cutting wheel. I widened my Edelbrock RPM intake coolant passages to better match the head. The Aluminum heads have a shorter passage than the World Windsor Sr. which was taller. There is a thin tab in the intake coolant passage. It looks like it was meant for trimming. A quick port match showed that taking some [not all] of this tab away made for better coolant flow. Again very quickly done with a burr tool. I ran the car yesterday and all went well. I definitely felt the power difference through the whole RPM range. Check your Rocker pushrod geometry! I used the Mid Lift method and it worked great. PM me on this if you want.
Good Luck.
Lou