View Single Post
Old 01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrisons # 62 302 T5
Not Ranked     

Thanks Gents

Rog, not silly at all! Any advice gratefully accepted. I did remove the offending sensor and tested it against a kitchen thermometer in a cup of just boiled water and it was comparable.

Merv, mine was originally at the front (same as yours) but I put the ECT sensor in that location. Hence the move to the rear. Thanks for the photo, too. I also am looking at around 85-90*C as an actual temp.

Jim (welcome to Queensland!), the sensor was originally heavily wound in thread tape but this has now almost all been removed. When the engine was hot, I also tried earthing the body of the sensor to the chassis directly - no change. I might try re installing it without tape just for laughs. I have also removed the sensor to check there is no air and the water level looks OK. Just to be sure, I completely filled the void left by removing the sensor and left it for a few hours to see if it was dribbling down somewhere - then screwed the sensor back in.

CHANMADD, I will probably end up with the sensor at the front but before I move it I would like to know why it is so much different at the back.

I am thinking along the air pocket lines at this stage since the gauge is reading but just well below actual coolant temp.

Thanks again all.

Geof