View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 07:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

Some updates,

I've been able to work on the car this week and got some stuff done. I wanted to finish the left side pipe but I ran into a problem with the steering cloumn/intermediate steering shaft, hitting the #6 header. Because of that I could not bolt the header on, nor the steering column, and couldn't mock up the pipe.
After a few email back and forth with Kirkham, they found out I got a wrongly sized intermediate shaft, too short by an inch. A new shaft is on it's way here. Thank you to Jeremy at KM for helping me out!

#6 header, which is not bolted, hitting on the steering joint.

About an inch away from being able to bolt it on

I finished all the wiring this week. Thanks to everybody who helped me out with wiring questions, especially you Mark. So far everything is basically hung up there as I would like to get the car running and see if everything works before making everything look nice. So far all the gauges and basic electrical components work (like the fuel pump, fan, etc...).

I put int the dash last night. Wasn't too hard but it sure is a mess of wires back there, well, not a mess, just a lot of wires. I'm glad I labeled everything beforehand otherwise I would still be working on it! These gauges are really nice. The quality is great and the movements are super smooth (at least on the speedo and tack which sweep at start up).

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/avmaviator/KM647%20Build/DSC_0054.jpg[/

Light up gauges, looks pretty sweet in the dark!

Hope to be giving more updates soon