View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #647 brushed
Not Ranked     

I finished the side pipes today The weather was amazing (low 50s) and took full advantage of it by working outside, plus it keeps the garage a whole lot cleaner that way. Metal work is awesome but boy it is messy.

They came out pretty well. I need to do a last touch up/clean up, but that will be done before I send them out to get ceramic coated.

I also worked on figuring out the throttle situation. Once that is solved, I will be ready to start it up, hopefully. The TWM stacks use a cable system instead of the typical push rod set up. I asked a machine shop to make a wheel replicating the cable wheel on the stacks, but he quoted me a few hundreds of dollars... I'm not sure yet if I will go that route or make my own. So I made a prototype of my own tonight. I reused most of the push rod set up components that came with the car. I fab up a basic back plate for mock up, which of course will be changed to a beefy bracket in the future if I go with this set up. So far it doesn't seem too bad. I need to mount it on the car to see if I can realistically use this system. It is pretty fun trying to come up with a solution like that.

We'll see how it goes.